Friday, October 19, 2012

Stuffed Studio!

Hello Friends.

I have been much overwhelmed with craft supplies this year in my studio space.  I become interested in the process of one craft or another and I have this compulsive need to buy materials to make said craft.  Then sometimes it sits around for 10 years.  

This has been going on a long time. Growing up, a corner of my bedroom was my Mom's sewing "room".  Mom was in my room a lot making things and I would help.  I would say this is her main passion craft, whereas mine has always been painting or "coloring".  I would get excited and want to make things too when she was making her sewing projects, however I don't quite posses the passion or skill set she has for the actually MAKING the thing part.  

Around my Junior year of High School I lost my kitteh Sundae.  She was a shy and sweet Calico.  The boys in the house called her a scaredy cat... I called her a "Scared of YOU TWO!!" cat because they were loud and bad.  She was nice to me, and I loved her very, very much.

ANYWAYS I lost her, and started having my Mom teach me how to sew as a hobby.  I think at the time she was also taking a quilting class so it was nice to have her company when I was home in my room as she made her quilt squares.  I'm getting off track... anyways, I bought some fabric that I was inspired by at the time and now after 13 or so years I haven't done a thing with it.  







For the next month I am going to try to sell things that are cluttering my space and mind in my studio.  If I haven't used the thing in a few years... I'm going to see if someone else has a need for it.  So today I listed three luxe fabrics I have been seeing in my closet for years:)

PLEASE take a look on my esty shop "Paintventure" and pass it on if you know someone who would like these fabrics.  :)

SUNDAE from a page in my scrapbook.  :)

1 comment: