Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Progression: Aunt Val's Painting

Hello Friends.

I have been dragging my feet because I was really trying to do it Cezanne style.  Tonight I said Eff that.  I just tried to get lost.  It was all about trying to get those bricks to look like something, and then add a little of the beginnings of a landscape.  


It was hard to get into the groove tonight.  I was going back and forth feeling bad that I wasn't terribly panicked that my Grandfather is in the Hospital... again.  I am concerned, however, I feel kind of guilty when I'm not wrought with panic about it, since that was my norm for most of my life.  But since I am healing of all that... I think he will make it to his 84th? birthday this summer... just like I will make it to my 35th.  If not, I will punch myself in the face later about it.


 So when I stopped feeling bad that I wasn't feeling bad... I painted a snake in the grass.  And then everything started to flow.  Flowers went in, little things were fixed.  I must get rid of that bread and fix that bottle a bit, but so far good rough in of the flowers, and placing of the landscape outlines.  I'll paint over the snake eventually... but for now, he's my cheerleader.


 I really hate the bread thing,  I'm going to change it to crackers and cheese and more grapes because I kind of hate the grapes right now too since they are waiting on the wine bottle to be a different color and better.  Then the grapes will cover that edge of the bottle and look a little more like a bunch of grapes that aren't, weird.  Wine glass will go in soon.  I will try to focus on a nice sunbeam making its way into the scene too.  Let's see if I can successfully do that... (not confident...lol)

I'm a little tired, so I'm sorry about the "eh" style of writing tonight.  I just wanted to get some photos up since I do kinda love the energy that went in for the last hour which was happy and playful  which is me, and so it's looking a lot more fun then it did.  :)  No fancy links or tags tonight... later maybe...

Enya was not listened to high school painting class friends, because I don't have any on my computer.  A mix of Deep Forest, Faith No More, Return of the King, and some other stuff I can't remember right now on shuffle from my collection was vaguely present in my awareness during the zone though :)

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment