Monday, August 17, 2015

Last Teeny Art Post

Final Post for this past May's Teeny Art send outs!   ___________________________________________


  Started by dripping paint on the teeny canvases to let my imagination find a story or a picture, this one looked to me like a pair of pants, and then I thought, what if that pair of pants was saving this kitty from the paint puddle at the bottom.  Fred was always drawing animals that had one eye bigger than the other and I thought of him when this one was done.  
 I met Fred within my time at the craft store and knew we would be lifer friends immediately.  He is one of those people who's Aura is so bright you need shades.  He is a Chef in the Marines and those Marines are so lucky to have him feed them every night.  His food is delicious, and that's an understatement.  He is also major silly pants.



Matt is by far my silliest friend, and if anyone would deeply appreciate a Thug plant eating dinosaur who has seen some stuff in the clink and then got out, and fancied up for a tuxedo, tails and top hat party... it's Matt and his zombie fighting ninjas.


 
 Sven is my friend Kristen.  I met her in High School and we get our nicknames from a world history assignment where were were assigned the groovy give-no-shits Country of Switzerland that made sandwiches and everyone was named Sven. Jealous much?  Yeah, we're still pretty much like this... and are relaxed about planning a backyard hammock chill out sandwich eating groovy hangout session.   


Annie is one of my besties from the Dorms in College.  This painting no way represents her or anything about her, but we both work so much in color I thought I'd see what she thought about grey and swoops and seagulls.  Non plussed ;)  I also used have the painting for my signature... which is like... so art school.


 
 I sent this one to my Mom's best friend from High School Stephanie.  Her son has really beautiful red hair and I always had a crush on him... so I sent her this one as a thank you for always thinking of me and sending bake ware from the store she manages :)  She is not online unfortunately and probably will never see this post about how wonderful she is... so it's a good thing I send her USPS mail every 6 months to tell her :)


 
                                                     Andrew is a friend from my days as an internship coordinator at a Film Festival.  Somehow it reminds me of the arrangement of the festival offices.  Andrew was my youngest intern at the time as a Senior in HS but he took on about three off-season programs and was a  HUGE part of making the festival run that year.  He was a pleasure to be around and continues in the film industry as a documentary filmmaker.


  NICOLE.  I did one more in this style of crisscross boxes and I do not have a photo of it.  Hers has drawings of little kitties in windows.  She took some photos and posted them of her neighbor's cat in the window and I think about those cute photos all the time.  I would blow them up and make them big for my walls if I had the wall space.  In cities you are always seeing kitties in windows and it is so precious.  KITTEN!  What are you looking at!?  So if you are reading this Nicole and have your teeny art handy please take a pic and I will update!That's it :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment